Kesar Malai Kulfi
- Saffron (Kesar) strands
- 1 tbps warm milk
- 1 tbps cornflour
- 4 ½ cups full fat milk
- 5 tbps sugar
- ¼ tsp cardamom (elaichi) powder
- Combine well the saffron and the warm milk in a bowl, and keep aside.
- Add cornflour and 2 tbps of water in a bowl, keep aside.
- Boil the milk in a deep non-stick pan, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cornflour-water mixture along with sugar and mix well by stirring and scrapping the sides.
- Switch of the flame and allow the mixture to cool down.
- Add saffron-milk mixture along with cardamom powder and mix well.
- Pour the mixture in kulfi moulds and freeze overnight.